World Quality Report
According to the World Quality Report 2015-2016 created by Capgemini, a global consulting, technology, and outsourcing firm, and Sogeti, its local professional services subsidiary, the speed of digital transformation is pushing global companies to place a greater emphasis on quality assurance (QA) and testing.
The report queries over 1,500 senior IT executives and testing leaders in 32 countries each year.
Speed of Change a Major Stumbling Block
According to the report, the speed of change is hindering business operations and organizations as they attempt to improve the customer experience and make it smoother. A brief summary of findings:
- The proportion of IT spending on QA and Testing from 2012 (18%) thru 2015 (35%) has been increasing each year so that companies can catch up in a fast-changing world.
- The proportion of IT spending on QA and Testing is expected to reach 40% by 2018.
- Seamless customer experience is the Holy Grail in QA testing as it affects corporate image, quality awareness, and end-user satisfaction.
- QA and Testing is now focused on providing a seamless experience across devices and software solutions, the cloud, in business analytics, in back-office legacy systems, and back-office ERP.
- Agile testing has become more important and matured in line with faster speed-to-market and creation of new digital programs and mobile initiatives.
The following infographic is a summary of the World Quality Report findings: