Visitors to Six Flags New England in Agawam City, Massachusetts, have been enjoying thrilling world class rides, including Batman the Dark Knight, Cyclone, Goliath, Mind Eraser and Bizarro. Now they have a new stomach-churning ride to look forward to when they visit.
New “Retro Style” Amusement Ride
On May 23, 2014, Six Flags New England introduced the tallest swing ride in the world, standing at just over 400 feet (122m), or over 40 stories tall, to the general public. The ride was added to the Adventure Alley section of the park, which focuses on retro-type rides. I think most of us remember this type of ride; it was originally intended for children but the super-sized ride is attracting thrill seekers of all ages.
Sky Screamer swings 23 flyers at up to 40 mph (56 km/h) as they gaze at the Connecticut River and the New England skyline.
Related articles on IndustryTap:
- World’s Tallest Roller Coaster, ‘Skyscraper’, Twists, Dives, & Tumbles 500 Feet Above Orlando, FL
- Gravity Max: World’s First “Tilting Roller Coaster” Offers True 90° Drop Madness
- Ride Along with an Insane 360 Degree Camera View of a Roller Coaster
References and related content:
- Six Flags New England (Massachusetts) — New England SkyScreamer – LA Times
- Theme Park Maniacs – Six Flags New England – Agawam, MA
- Six Flags New England Skyscreamer topped off | The Amusement Wire