Instead of throwing broken objects in the trash, you can now easily fix all of your broken gadgets and household items with this handy moldable glue.
Called Sugru, it is the world’s first moldable glue that turns into rubber. Sugru looks like modeling clay, but it’s much more than that. Here are some of its features:
- It bonds to most materials including aluminum, glass, wood, plastics, and ceramic.
- This easy-to-use material takes 24 hours to cure at room temperature.
- Once cured, it should last forever.
- The shelf life of Sugru while still in the packet is 6 months, or 18 months if it’s refrigerated.
- Sugru was invented by Jane Ní Dhulchaointigh from Kilkenny, Ireland. Sugru is the Irish word for “play.”
- This waterproof, flexible material is made of silicone that transforms into a rubbery texture once molded and solidified.
- It can handle temperatures between-58F to 365F (-50ºC to +180ºC).
- It hardens simply by being in contact with air. But once hardened, it remains slightly flexible, and you can easily remove it.
- It is available in a wide range of colors.