Windshield wipers are something that all cars have in common regardless of price, because they are required by law and are a necessity when it comes to driving in the rain, sleet, or snow. McLaren’s chief designer, Frank Stephenson, is looking to replace traditional windshield wipers using ultrasound to send 30kHz waves across the windshield, which would clear debris and serve the same purpose as windshield wipers at a higher level of performance.
How Does It Work?
The 30kHz ultrasound waves create a force field around the car windshield, preventing rain, snow, sleet, or insects from ever even reaching the surface of the windshield.
Benefits of This Technology
- No more windshield wipers to scratch and scrape your glass
- No more replacing broken windshield wipers
- Better vision driving without wipers frantically going back and forth
- Better airflow over the vehicle meaning better fuel efficiency
- No more flyers or coupons clipped under on your windshield wipers