Swedish manufacturer Koenigsegg unveiled the world’s fastest car at the Geneva Motor Show. Koenigsegg One:1 is described as the world’s first mega car. Koenigsegg’s latest creation is really incredible and is one of the most elite production car programs ever envisaged.
If you want to buy one for yourself, you can’t. Just six of these cars were built and they’ve already sold out.
Why designated as “One:1”: The One:1 designation refers to a one-to-one power-to-weight ratio – 1horsepower per 1kilogram which implies 1,340 hp in a car that tips the scales at 1,340 kg (about 2,954 pounds). The ratio has set it apart from hypercar competitors like Bugatti and Pagani.
Features of Koenigsegg which led to the evolution of sports car nomenclature, from the “Super” and “Hyper” cars to “Mega” car are:
- The engine fitted in this mega car is Koenigsegg’s own twin-turbocharged 5.0-liter V-8 design.
- The engine has an enormous 1,322 horse power, which is about ten times more powerful than a Ford Fiesta.
- This mega car will go from 0-250mph in twenty seconds and it takes just 10 seconds to go from this speed back to a complete stop.
- The company boasts their One:1 could eclipse the Veyron Super Sport’s 267.8 mph speed record and go on to pass 273 mph (440 km/h)!
- The car got the large air vents for improved cooling and roof air scoop to support the 1 Megawatt of power.
The One:1 truly is the fastest production car ever built. Take a look at the impressive car in this video from the Geneva Motor Show: