Traffic congestion is a big problem in big cities, and it negatively impacts city dwellers with high tension and stress. Moreover, the pollution due to the heavy traffic makes city life more miserable.
It’s a very common problem in the world’s most populous country, China.
Chinese engineers have come up with a great idea to deal with this problem by designing elevated buses that would ride right over traffic. This concept allows the passengers to avoid traffic as they sit far above other vehicles on the road and cars easily pass underneath.
Design for this elevated bus was demonstrated at the 19th China Beijing International High-Tech Expo. Here are some of its features:
- Engineers behind this concept claim that this elevated bus would function similarly to a subway. However, it will be cheaper, costing just one-fifth as much to construct.
- This ‘Transit Elevated Bus’ model looks like a hybrid of a tram and a bus.
- Engineers hope this bus will help alleviate traffic.
- In comparison to regular buses, they won’t take up much space and hence will reduce traffic jams on the roads.
- These elevated buses will run on a set of fixed rails and will carry about 1200 passengers by plainly driving over the traffic.
- The elevated buses will surely help in reducing pollution.