Having a fire extinguisher is crucial for the safety of any building. Although standard fire extinguishers have proved to be very effective in saving lives, they can be difficult to use. All fire extinguishers have instructions printed on them, but there is still lots of room for error.
To solve this problem, German startup Elide has come up with a fire-extinguishing ball, which the company calls the Elide Fire Ball. The product is said to be the “the simplest and fastest way to extinguish fire.” Here are some of the salient features of this incredible device:
- The Elide Fire Ball is very easy to handle. It weighs about 3 lbs., making it comfortable to use, even for children and the elderly.
- Unlike standard fire extinguishers, you don’t need to get close to the fire to use it. You can just throw it into a fire or simply plant it in potential risk areas.
- When not being used, it should be placed in a location where it is easily accessible. You can mount it in high-risk areas, such as the kitchen, near overloaded electrical outlets, or next to fireplaces.
- It is designed to automatically explode in case of fire. This amazing fire-extinguishing ball won’t burst in normal circumstances, however, as it only activates at temperature levels associated with fires.
- No special training is required to operate the Elide Fire Ball. All you have to do is throw it at the flames.
- The best part is that it is made from eco-friendly materials.
- This amazing fire-safety product not only works as an extinguisher, but it also serves as a fire alarm by emitting a loud noise of slightly less than 140 dB upon activation.