Where increasing climate challenges and carbon footprints are disturbing everyone today, net-zero energy homes are like a breath of fresh air.
Deltec, an Asheville, North Carolina-based company, is making affordable net-zero energy houses. They provide the structural shell of a home, and with their ‘Renew collection’ and innovative designs, they have taken prefabricated home design to a new level.
Here are some of Deltec’s distinctive features:
- The company constructs their durable homes by using the highest quality materials. All of their houses are prefabricated in factories that are 100% powered by clean energy and they prevent an average of 80% of construction waste from going to the landfill.
- Deltec offers a wide variety of choice including round, modern, or traditional designs. To cater to the tastes and requirements of different people, the Renew Collection has nine new models.
- The Renew Collection makes its net zero energy homes by making use of solar energy with photovoltaic panels and are designed in a way to maximize energy efficiency without compromising on livability. To increase the energy efficiency, Deltec made use of passive design concepts like a tight building envelope, high-performance insulation, solar home orientation, and natural ventilation.
- These homes are affordable, as the prices of the home kits start under $100,000. Moreover, building a net-zero home helps you to get rid of outrageous energy bills…reducing further the cost of ownership.
- The best feature is that these homes can be constructed in a matter of days.
Watch one of Deltec’s homes go up in two days, in the video below:
Learn why round homes are wind and seismic resistant: