In one of the most exciting car debuts in recent years, Automobili Pininfarina launched its production-ready Battista at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show last month. Battista made its US debut recently at an off-site event at Studio 525 in Chelsea.
- The all electric Battista featuring four electric motors is capable of producing 1,900-horsepower and 1,696 lb-ft of torque.
- Thanks to a 120 kWh battery, it can hit 60mph (100km/h) in less than two seconds, faster than a Formula One car.
- The liquid-cooled battery is made from a mix of lithium, manganese and nickel.
- With a top speed of 217mph (350km/hr), Battista can cross 180mph (290km/h) before F-16 fighter jet can.
- It has a range of 280 miles on a single charge; its batteries can be boosted to 80% capacity in just 40 minutes.
- Battista is the world’s first most powerful road-legal luxury electric hypercar.
Only 150 of these cars are going to be produced for the world’s super-rich. Deliveries are expected to start from 2020. 50 out of these 150 cars are destined for the US; half of that allocation is reserved already.
Owned by Indian car giant Mahindra, Automobili Pininfarina GmbH is headquartered in Munich but the Battista will be handmade in Italy at the company facility on the outskirts of Turin.