Scientists have discovered a surfing spider that swims, skips across waves, and eats aquatic and amphibious animals up to five times its size.
This new species of spider, Dolomedes briangreenei, has been discovered in Queensland and is named after physicist and World Science Festival co-founder, Brian Greene.
Methocarbamol online canada Details about the spider:
- These giant spiders are about the size of a human palm but are not thought to pose any threat to human beings.
- With its sensitive legs, it can feel the vibrations on the surface of the water to navigate and find prey.
- These spiders sit on the surface until an insect, small fish, or tadpole comes near. The spider races and dives under the water to grab it. After that, it swims back to the shore and starts eating it
- These spiders are good swimmers, and they can sit under water for up to an hour.
- The spiders are capable of killing prey up to five times their own body size.
- These dark spiders have long legs, where male spiders have bold white stripes along the sides of their heads. Female spiders have narrower, fawn-colored stripes.