Charlie Rose Does AI
When Charlie Rose speaks, many people like to listen.
He recently provided a look into AI in a 60 Minutes report, “Artificial Intelligence Positioned to be a Game Changer,” and it’s worth a look. According to Rose, US corporations are spending billions of dollars and hiring the best researchers and scientists to bring artificial intelligence to every US industry and the military.
AI in the Investment World
You can be sure that if a field is hot, there will be a lot of investment vehicles to get on board with your investment portfolio. ETFdb.com provides a list of the top 15 ETFs related to AI.
- PowerShares QQQ ETF
- Technology Select Sector SPDR Fund
- Vanguard Information Technology ETF
- First Trust Dow Jones Internet Index Fund
- iShares U.S. Technology ETF
- iShares Global Tech ETF
- iShares North American Tech ETF
- iShares Exponential Technologies ETF
- Fidelity MSCI Information Technology Index ETF
- Robo-Stox Global Robotics and Automation Index ETF
- PowerShares NASDAQ Internet Portfolio ETF
- Global X Robotics & Artificial Intelligence Thematic ETF
- Horizons Nasdaq-100 Covered Call ETF
- Industrial Innovation ETF
- Sprott BUZZ Social Media Insights ETF
- iShares Edge MSCI Multifactor Technology ETF
Top Experts on AI
A great resource for AI related articles is The Conversation, which has a bevy of researchers and industry experts who write about all aspects of AI including its future, the fears some people have, how it will affect the Internet of Things, science fictional aspects of AI, futuristic events, and more.
The Rational Wiki on Artificial Intelligence
The RationalWiki seeks to analyze and refute pseudoscience as well as the anti-science movement. It documents “crank ideas” and explores authoritarianism and fundamentalism and weighs in on how the media is doing.
The US military is working on technology that will help read people’s minds. Mark Zuckerberg, in the following video, explains why Facebook would like to read your mind as well.