Apple has launched its latest offerings of larger iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus handsets and the smartwatch at the Flint Center for the Performing Arts in Cupertino, California. The company also launched its mobile payment system that has already been on Android for years.
iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus
- Bigger screens -The iPhone 6 has a 4.7-inch screen, as does the HTC One and Amazon’s Fire phone. While the iPhone 6 Plus has a 5.5-inch screen, similar to Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Galaxy S5.
- Slimmer -Both the phones are slimmer than their previous incarnation and will be available in silver, space grey and gold.
- Each comes in 16GB, 64GB and 128GB configurations.
- High resolution -The iPhone 6 has a resolution of 1334 x 750 with 326 pixels per inch, while the 6 Plus had as resolution of 1920 by 1080 and 401 pixels per inch, equating to 1080 HD resolution.
- Better camera – The phones’ iSight camera uses Focus Pixels for faster auto focus. The 6 Plus uses optical image stabilization technology to minimize blur when capturing moving subjects.
New payment system Apple Pay
- The contactless payment system will use Apple’s TouchID technology to verify your identity. Users will be able to make payments by holding the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus near a contactless reader, while keeping a finger on the TouchID home button.
- The device aims to change the way the messages are sent and received, answering the calls made to an iPhone and sharing personalized health information.
- Prices start at $349, and the models will be available to buy from early 2015.
- Music can also be controlled on an iPhone through the Apple Watch.
- The Watch’s Taptic Engine enables the wearer to feel the vibrations for notifications removing the need to look at the screen.
- Different areas on the watch face can be customized with taps and swipes, and force touches.
- It has been designed to act both as an all-day fitness tracker and a highly advanced sports watch, the company said.
- It understands questions in messages and offers pre-selected answers. Users can also talk to the watch and send a voice reply, or have it transcribed to them.