IndustryTap has reported on “Police Supercars Changing Balance of Power Around the World” in which Dubai, South Korea, Germany, the UK, the Netherlands and other countries have begun using Mercedes-Benzs, BMWs, Audis, Ferraris and Lamborghinis and other exotic cars to improve police capabilities.
Notably, US police seem to be stuck in a time warp and still insist on using American cars which don’t rank in the top ten of the world’s fastest police cars. The fastest US police car is the 2015 Dodge Charger Pursuit: 0-60 mph in 3.7 seconds. Here are the world’s fastest police cars:
- Bugatti Veyron (UAE) 2.5 seconds to 268 mph
- Brabus Rocket (Germany) 3.2 seconds to 225 mph
- Aston Martin One-77 (UAE) 3.5 seconds to 220 mph
- Lamborphini Aventador LP 700-4 (UAE) 2.9 seonds to 217 mph
- Ferrari FF (UAE) 3.7 seconds to 208 mph
- Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 (Italy) 3.7 seconds to 203 mph
- Audi R8 GTR (Germany) 3.2 seconds to 202 mph
- Spyker C8 Spyder (Netherlands) 4.5 seconds to 186 mph
- Ariel Atom (UK) 2.5 seconds to 168 mph
- Lexus IS-F (UK) 4.7 seconds to 168 mph
Fastest Ambulances in the World
Trading Enterprise, the United Arab Emirates dealer for British car manufacturer Lotus, has partnered with Dubai Ambulance to make the Lotus Evora S a first response vehicle and the fastest ambulance in the world.
Accidents in Dubai are more likely to include billionaires than perhaps anywhere else on the planet; reaching these titans more quickly is a $150,000 expense the UAE government is willing to incur.
According to officials in the UAE, the Lotus Evora Ambulance is expected to to cut the average response time from eight minutes to under four. Ironically, the UAE also uses Ford Mustangs and Chevrolet Corvettes in its ambulance service.
The Lotus Evora Ambulance will carried typical medical equipment including a suction unit, responder bags, cardiac defibrillators, oxygen bags, splints for fractures and a mobile data terminal to help paramedics capture patient data and vital statistics while transmitting to a hospital.
Thus far 50 paramedics have been trained for 50 new Lotus Evora Ambulances costing $7.5 million.
Related IndustryTap stories:
- Porsche Panamera Turbo Now the World’s Fastest Camera Car
- The World’s Fastest Police Car Makes It Tempting to Break the Law
- Pick Up Your New Car from the World’s Fastest Automatic Parking System
- 315 mph (508 km/h) In An Electric Car Is The Fastest Zero Emmission Car On The Planet
- $2.3 Million Bugatti GSV is the Fastest Production Car in the World
- 26-Year-Old Electric Car Speed Record Demolished By This Vehicle…
- Jacuzzi-Car Engineers Driven to Set a 100 MPH Hot Tub on Wheels Record
- Bloodhound Supersonic Car Ready to Go a Mile Literally in the Blink of an Eye
- Show of Hands – Who Wants the 740-HP, $500K Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Electric Drive Supercar?
- Koenigsegg Unveils the World’s First 273MPH Production Megacar
References and related links for this story:
- Lotus Cars UAE
- Lotus Evora, Ford Mustang Join Dubai Ambulance Fleet AutoGuide.com News
- Dubai Gets A Lotus Evora Ambulance | car News @ Top Speed